Here’s this week’s book recommendations by yours truly! I do one a day on Facebook and Twitter so if you don’t follow me there you should!
1. The Hunger Games (Book One) by Suzanne Collins. Read this so you can read Catching Fire and go see it this summer! I really enjoyed this series, though I do think the second one (Catching Fire) is the best in the trilogy – that so often happens in trilogies. The world building here is stellar.
2. Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery. This is the last in the Anne of Green Gables series and is one of my favorites. It’s about Anne’s youngest daughter and takes place during World War I. Even if you haven’t read the rest of the Anne books this novel can be read on it’s own. I think the ending is one of the most romantic I’ve ever read. Also, you can get one of the Kindle versions for free!
3. Once Upon a Beanstalk by Kate Avery Ellison is a collection of three fairy tale mash up short stories. These are clever and fun twists and sort of a who’s who of fairy tales. I’m a huge fan of short story collections and the price is great!
4. Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris. This is a contemporary YA that has a bit of romance, mystery, and characters dealing with grief. It is a quick, fun read and the characters are really memorable. It is part of a series, but works as a stand alone as well.
5. Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton. This is the first Austen sequel I really loved and it got me into the wonderful world of Austen paraliterature. It’s very well written and gives Elizabeth Bennet’s friends Charlotte the chance at happiness that I think she deserved.
I hope you enjoy some of these. Happy reading!