1. Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. The way that Star Wars continuations should be done. I’ve had the biggest girl crush on Mara Jade since I was a teen.
2. The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett. Sweet, wonderful story of childhood. Must read.
3. The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss. Modern story with an Irish fairytale twist. Plus, Sophie is a wonderful person!
4. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs. Really fun YA complete with girl power and mythological beasts.
5. Beastly by Alex Flinn. Beauty and the Beast, with modern day high schoolers! Much better than the movie! Don’t prejudge it based on the film version.