We’ve been having thunderstorms with lots of rain (and hail!) all week – perfect reading weather! Here are this week’s recommendations.
1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. You honestly can’t go wrong with this book. It’s fun and funny and full of adventure. Plus Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be voicing Smaug in the movie. #win
2. Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby is a quick and enjoyable YA read. Loved the world building here.
3. Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart. Classic Mary Stewart. If you see a book by Mary Stewart you should read it…honestly, ANY of her books. I love this one a lot though…it’s my second favorite of hers (after This Rough Magic which I recommended a few weeks ago). I’ve read this one at least 15 times and could read it twice that and still want to read it again.
4. My Particular Friend by Jennifer Petkus is a well-written and engrossing Austen (well, really more Regency) and Sherlock mash up. Plus…I share a maiden last name with the main character. Yeah, baby!
5. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. This is the second in the Lunar Chronicles a space opera/dystopian/fairy tale series… I recommended Cinder a few weeks ago and I enjoyed Scarlet even more than I liked Cinder.
What are you reading this week?