It’s already the end of June! And I’m already freaking out about winter coming! And that my youngest is now FOUR YEARS OLD (Happy Birthday yesterday, Jamie boy). Basically, there’s a lot of freaking out going on over here. Let’s calm down with some great book recommendations.
1. The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard. This is the first in a series. That is my way of warning you there isn’t a stand alone resolution here.
2. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Please forgive the horrible cover image, I don’t even know… the only good image I could find was of both Alice books together. I’m currently reading this to Maddie (her first time, my 20th or so). It’s epic. Carroll could write one sentence that went on for 3 pages. Top that.
3. Artemis Rising by Cheri Lasota. This is a great story that combines historical fiction and mythology. Definitely worth the read.
4. Sleeping Handsome by Jean Haus. Modern YA short story with a gender flip Sleeping Beauty element (which of course I love!). The lead character can be a little ditzy, but she’s loveable.
5. Georgiana Darcy’s Diary by Anna Elliot. This is one of my favorite Pride and Prejudice continuations. I really love Georgiana’s voice and the way this truly feels like a diary.